Monday, June 16, 2014

Keep Your Eyes Open

You wouldn't think it would be that easy to miss a big glowing datacube, but it turns out it is. As someone following the Scientist Path, I have to find all the datacubes in a zone to gain Path XP, so I know that some are legitimately hard to find. There is one inside the trunk of Elderoot, for example. Sometimes though, you just need to take a second and look around.

When I was exploring near the falls and taking screenshots for my post about Harehollow I didn't even notice that I was walking right near a datacube. It wasn't until the next day when I was looking through my screenshots that I saw it. If it's in the screenshot, then it was on my screen so I simply wasn't paying attention.

I am as guilty as anyone as trying to race to housing, trying to race into group content, not wanting to be left behind but not having unlimited hours to play. I'm still going to tell you to slow down. Look before you hit your sprint button and head to the next objective. Turn off your AI and just look. The views are amazing, and you might be surprised by what you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment